1) What is MUET?
MUET is The Malaysian University English Test. It is an English language proficiency test designed to measure the English language ability of students who wish to pursue first degree studies in local institutions of higher learning.
2) Why must I take MUET?
MUET is an entry requirement to local universities for first degree studies. Students need a MUET results to enter local universities.
3) When is the MUET exam?
Three times a year - March, July, and November. Students have the freedom to choose at what time of the year that they want to take the test.
4) What is the requirement to take MUET exam?
No specific requirement. However for IIC students, we advise you to complete your Advance English 1 first.
5) I have failed my English paper in SPM. Can I take MUET?
Yes you can.
6) Can I pay MUET automatically using my PTPTN?
No. You have to pay it manually at the finance counter. IIC is not allowed to deduct fee for MUET from your PTPTN loan.
7) Is IIC a recognized MUET centre?
Yes. International Islamic College is a center for MUET exam (code MW0126 and MW0127) under the Education Department of Wilayah Persekutuan (JPNWP).
8) Are MUET classes compulsory?
No. However it is advisable to take MUET classes so that you can get good band.
9) How MUET is graded?
MUET's scores (maximum 300) are graded into six categories called band. Band 1 is the lowest and Band 6 is the highest.
10) What Band in needed to apply for a university?
It depends on the university or courses applied in a university. Most local universities need a Band 2 as a minimum requirement. International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) need Band 3.
11) I am a Malaysian but I don't want to take MUET. Can I take TOEFL or IELTS instead?
Nobody can stop you from taking a TOEFL or IELTS. However, local universities still need a MUET result as an entry requirement for a first degree studies.
12) I already graduated from IIC. Can I register my MUET exam at IIC?
Sorry, you can't. Student who has graduated from IIC or non-IIC students has to register at the Ministry of Education near you. If your home address is near IIC, the Ministry of Education might allocate IIC as a center for your MUET exam.
13) I have registered MUET in IIC. How can I check my registration status?
Students who had registered with IIC can check their MUET status through SMS by typing MUET INFO<space>IC NO and send to 15888.
14) What is a MUET/D slip?
It is an exam slip (slip peperiksaan). It contains your name and IC number and other important details about your exam. You need to have this MUET/D during exam day. You must make sure that the details in the slip are correct.
15) Where can I get the MUET/D slip?
You need to print the slip from Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia (MPM) Portal Website http://www.mpm.edu.my/.
16) How long is the validity of my MUET result?
Your MUET result is valid for five (5) years from the date of the result.
17) How can I check the result of my MUET's exam?
You can check the result in http://www.mpm.edu.my/, or SMS using your phone by typing MUET RESULT<space>IC Number and send to 15888.
18) How to get my MUET result slip?
When the result comes out, MPM will remind IIC to collect the result slip at JPNWP. After we have collected the result, students can get their result slip at ACAD.
19) I did not satisfy with my MUET result. Can I have a recheck?
Yes you can. You have to apply to the MPM. Go to http://www.mpm.edu.my/ and print an appeal form. The dateline for the appeal for recheck is two weeks after MPM announce your result.
20) Do I have to pay for the recheck?
Yes. MPM charged you RM70 for a recheck. You have to pay MPM on the name of KETUA EKSEKUTIF MAJLIS PEPERIKSAAN MALAYSIA by money order or postal order.
21) There are four exams in MUET. Can I skip any one of the exam?
No. You must attend all four exams. If you miss even one exam, your overall result will be ‘X' (absent).